Viewers

Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Blues

Have you been attacked by one? I have, so many gazillion times.

I did not recall that I ever disliked Monday when I was in school or in college. Truly, Monday was never a problem back then. In my twenties, before I got married and of course, before kids, Monday was never a big deal for me either.

Why Monday often makes me feel blue?

After kids, Monday has become a burden. This burden even starts l2 hours before Monday arrives each week. Sunday afternoon is the beginning. That annoying feeling of thinking that the weekend is almost over and that I have to go to work and start the week all over again. Who likes that?. Wait a second, I know a person who never complains about Monday, it's my husband. He just never complains, even if he has to wake up very early on some Mondays to go to work. (sometime I don't know what he is made of)

Okay, let's get back about Monday and kids.
Since I have kids, Monday seems to be the day that I have to stop enjoying my precious time with my kids. That means; I have to go back to work, my kids have to go back to their schools and that I have to be away from them for at least 9 hours. I mind Monday because it is the beginning of all that, however when Tuesday comes, I get to go with the rhythm and the week goes by easily and quickly. Why is it so hard to start?

When I ask people at work with the famous Monday question  "How was your weekend?",  their answer "Good but it was short" or when I asked "How are you doing?", their answer "Ohhhh, it's Monday, you know how it is". Or when there is something not right at work, we just simply blame it on Monday.

Here are a few things that I think will make our Monday is a day that we're looking forward to, especially if you are a full time employee and a mother like myself:

  1. If you have the budget to spend, go shopping on Sunday, buy a little something that you will wear on Monday, a nice blouse, a hot pair of shoes, a nice pants or jeans that flatter your asset, a nice handbags, a cute skirt or dress or scarf. If you don't have enough budget to spend, go to the thrift store, you will be amazed by what you can find or dig in for some sales. When you find something, you will be excited to show it off to work the next day.
  2. Do something different about your hair; get a hair cut, change the color of your hair, get a highlight, cut your hair, curl it, straighten it, do whatever with your hair that make you look different on Monday and you can not wait to show it off to your co-workers. One Sunday night, I went to sleep with soft curling rolls on my hair and I woke up on Monday with little cute curl and was so excited about it.
  3. Do get manicure or pedicure on Sunday, you can go to the nail salon or do it at home. Pick up a color that is not your normal color, be bold, be bright. I tried green, orange, yellow, silver, bright purple and pink. I have found my favorite nail colors. It's the Loreal brand. They dry so quickly and they got so many collection of colors. Do you know pretty looking nails make you feel happy?
  4. Do get facial, if you can not do it in the Salon, do it at home. Treat and pamper your body head to toe at home. Do it after your kids (if you have any) go to bed. Starting by soaking your body in rich bubble bath. Then finish up with a little extra facial treatment on your face. Scrub or exfoliate, then put a little mask on your face. You will feel good afterward knowing that on Monday, you will come to work with smooth radiant looking face.
  5. And in regards of item #4, spend a little quality time your husband or spouse or your partner, cuddling in bed, then do whatever adult stuffs you want to do. The next morning you'll wake up feeling refresh

Well, those five list are the one I can think of. How did I get through my Monday morning today while my husband is over 2000 miles away from home?

On Saturday, I bought a nice striped chiffon shirt, black and white. I was excited to  pair it with my favorite black pencil skirt, and my nude pumps for Monday. I prepared the kids' lunch on Sunday night. I snuggled with them and read them funny stories in the bed before they went to sleep. Then I watched a stupidly feel good romantic-comedy movie on Netflix on my Kindle Fire. On Monday morning, as I headed to the car about dropping them off to school, all I was thinking; "four more days until my husband is home, I can't wait", "three more days until I move from a tall cube to an office", "I really like this new blouse", "a nude pumps make my legs look longer", "Oh my daughter looks so cute in a pig tail, "I wonder what my son will learn at school today", "what's new at work today?".

Monday, is just like another day, it is just named differently than Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday, or Saturday, or even Sunday.

FRIDAY IS SO FAR FROM MONDAY AND FRIDAY IS CLOSE TO MONDAY. Well, you have to get through Monday to be close to Friday, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Great tips here to beat the Monday blues, Erita :) I used to feel that way too about Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Oyen. It's mostly the one day I have to fight and get over it each weekend so I'd better make the best out of it before it starts.

    ReplyDelete